If you’ve had a Home Energy Solutions (HES) visit, you are eligible for several upgrade incentives to help you with your home upgrades.
If you have not yet completed HES, it is a $75 co-pay for electric and natural gas heated homes, or a $99 co-pay for oil and propane heated homes. This service includes in-home weatherization plus rebates and financing for insulation and appliances, see more information and sign up.
How do these rebates work? Many are only available for Home Energy Solutions participants. Your contractor will assess your home and appliances and offer incentives for which you are eligible. Possible incentives include:
- Attic or wall insulation rebate of up to $1.00/sq. ft. not to exceed 50 percent of the install cost.
- Eligibility: Ceilings with less than R-30 insulation must install a minimum of R-19 and the final R-value of the ceiling must be equal to or greater than R-38, and Walls that have no insulation or an R-value of 4 or less must install a minimum of R-13.
- Heat with oil or propane? CL&P and UI territory: rebate available until funding is expended.
Appliances and Windows
- ENERGY STAR Clothes Washer Rebates: $50 mail in rebate
- ENERGY STAR Freezer Rebates: $25 mail in rebate
- ENERGY STAR Refrigerator Rebates: $50 mail in rebate
- ENERGY STAR Dehumidifier Rebates: $25 mail in rebate
- ENERGY STAR Window Rebates: $50/single pane window not to exceed 50 percent of installed cost.
Heat with oil or propane? CL&P and UI territory: rebate available until funding is expended.
Eligibility: New window must be ENERGY STAR with a U-factor less than or equal to 0.30. Must replace single-pane windows without storm windows. Basement, garage and attic windows in unheated areas do not qualify.
Financing for Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- You can insulate your home without out-of-pocket costs! Electric, natural gas AND oil or propane heated homes are eligible for a 0% loan from $1,000 to $2,500 through June 30, 2013.
- You can pay back the loan right on your CL&P electricity bill for a term of up to 36 months. Unlike most loan programs, there is no credit check or income test! You just have to have completed a Home Energy Solutions (HES) assessment at any point and paid your electric bill on time.
- Applicants may not have any 60-day late payments on their CL&P electric bill for the prior 12 months. If you do, then standard Residential Financing underwriting is required. An electronic application for this loan is available online.
- CL&P and UI customers are eligible for 2.99 - 4.99% financing on all eligible energy efficiency upgrades through Home Energy Solutions!
- For more information, call (800) 992-3665 or visit the Connecticut Housing Investment Fund website. http://www.chif.org/page/borrower-information-and-application
New federal energy efficiency tax credit of 10% up to $500 for qualifying measures
Available even without a HES visit. For details, call 1-877-WISE-USE or visit the Energy Efficiency Fund website. Incentives are available for:
- High efficiency gas furnace- $500 rebate (up to $600 through HES) for Energy Star and 95% AFUE.
- Natural gas boiler with water heater and integrated DHW (i.e. indirect tank or combination system) - $300 rebate (up to $750 through HES) for 90% AFUE.
- Natural gas hot water heaters- $200 rebate for tankless .82EF.
- Heat pump water heater (to replace electric water heater)- $400 rebate for EnergyStar.
- Central air conditioning & heat pump- $250 rebate (up to $500 through HES) for certain systems.
- Ductless heat pump heater-$250 rebate ($1000 for electrically heated homes).
- Geothermal heat pumps- $500/ton up to $1500 that meet Energy Star 2012 criteria.
Efficient Lighting, including LEDs
Get discounted light bulbs (including LEDs) through participating retail stores and through the Smart Living Catalog or order toll-free at 800-527-4448.
is a quasi-public agency funded by electric ratepayers to support renewable electricity that offers rebates for solar electric systems. You can reach them by phone: (860) 563-0015.
- Solar photovoltaic (electric) rebates- also no sales/property tax.
- Solar hot water rebate - Limited Funding Available!
Federal Energy Tax Breaks
Tax credits for renewable energy systems through 2016.
Sign-up to support clean, renewable electricity for just a few dollars per month. Residential sign-ups help earn free solar panels for towns which join the Clean Energy Communities campaign: www.ctcleanergyoptions.com and www.ctcleanenergy.com/communities
Questions? Contact Us